Sunday, June 22, 2014

Book Blogger Tag!

So Saruuh tagged me in this answer meme, whoo yay fun~

If I knew any other bloggers outside of her and Stasia, I'd tag them, but as it stands, this ends with me.

Here goes!

What are your top three book pet hates?

Anything that sounds pretentious simply to be "artsy" or "serious."

Love triangles that just feel formulaic.

Narratives that get too bogged down in side plots or details that don't advance the storyline - usually this is just uninteresting rather than "fun" or "exquisitely detailed."

Describe your perfect reading spot. 

Somewhere where I can kind of roll around as I read - I tend to shift positions a lot.

Tell us three book confessions.

I'll dogear my pages once my books start getting a bit older and rattier. I think it gives them character.

I highlighted my copy of Eclipse with a pink heart on the page where Edward proposes.

I kind of hate when genres get popular. Not because I'm some kind of purist book hipster, but because suddenly I'm being overinundated with choices and I can't find anything good anymore.

When was the last time you cried during a book?

I think when I read Struck by Lightning. I don't cry very often at books.

(My biggest shame? I knew what the ending was and I still sobbed my eyes out.)

How many books are on your bedside table?

Three: my copy of Clockwork Princess (because I haven't cleared a shelf space for it yet), my Nook, and a notebook.

What is your favourite snack whilst you're reading?

Something finger food-y, so I can eat and read easily. Chocolate chips and/or a Coke, maybe?

Name three books you would recommend to everyone.

Harry Potter series
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (also her Books of Bayern)

Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase.


It's not really a "shelf," per se, but the top of my bookcases looks pretty neat to me!

Write how much books mean to you in just three words.

The absolute most.

What is your biggest reading secret?

I sometimes pick novels that look more impressive if I know I'll be reading in public, but I'm trying to break myself of it. What should I care if people think my reading isn't fancy enough?


Was that interesting enough for you, Internet?

1 comment:

  1. Ugh I have the same problem when genres get popular!! I'm seeing epic fantasy become huge and more shitty books coming out than ever. Makes it so hard to find the good ones!

    ReplyDelete